HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shrine Collage Bracelet


A shrine, to me, is a representation of a sacred intention of honor, love and respect.


A month or so ago I posted a shrine that I was inspired to create after reading Sue Monk Kidd's book "Traveling with Pomegranates". I found her writings about her search for her sacred feminine self intriguing and provoking. I love the way she writes, I love how everything she sees holds meaning for her, an opportunity to know her self better. I am still thinking about her book a month later, and I felt motivated to create a shrine that I could carry with me.


I used a length of a vintage rosary I found during my trip to Paris this past spring, and re purposed a piece of chain to mingle with it. I then began creating charms from beads, stones, brass...anything that had a symbolic meaning for me. This bracelet honors the mother in me as well as the sacred mother...it is really about unconditional love and birth. It is an affirmation for this next chapter of my life, now that I am past the cycle of physical fertility. The blue egg shaped stone represents the birthing I will be doing from my creative heart.


The Mother Mary circle was actually from a pair of earrings. I have used one of them in my bracelet to symbolize being held in the arms of unconditional nurturing love. Each charm in some way holds the intention for creativity, inspiration, courage, luck, beauty, writing, redemption, forgiveness and imagination...Whew! This bracelet hold a lot!


Thank you for stopping by.
I have been catching up with as many of you as I can each day.
I love visiting your blogs and hearing about your thoughts and seeing your creations.
Hugs,
Terri

23 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautifully done Terri and beautifully writen! Love all of the meaning that each piece has. i just hit 50 as well and now it is our time!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a splendid way to celebrate YOU! A great idea!!!!

You are one special woman!

Hugs,
Jan

Victoria said...

Terri..a magnificent , powerful piece of beauty, sacred energy and spirituality..pure light!!It is wondrous and gorgeous!It is so wonderful to make personal/ special creations..awesome! Shine on!!BEAUITFUL!
Kiki~

My Grama's Soul said...

Such a beautiful creation you have made....just lovely.

Jo

parTea lady said...

Your shrine collage bracelet is beautiful. I love how you described it and the though that went into each piece.

Createology said...

Oh Terri your bracelet is truly a treasure and so personal. It is just amazing with each unique piece and meaning it has. Happy creating...

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Terri, Your bracelet is just beautiful and what a wonderful post, you are such a great writer. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

Catherine said...

Terri,
Your bracelet simply takes my breath away. You are so very creative. Lovely lovely.
So glad to have you back home as well and hope to hear more about your travel adventures.
Catherine

liszha said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Terri, it's beautiful. You do the "twists" at the end so neatly!
Diane

cs said...

Oh, my gracious! I LOVE this. Thank you for sharing. It is absolutely inspiringly beautiful.

Christie

joanne fox said...

That's a beautiful treasure, with so much thought and meaning behind it. Lovely.

Frieda Oxenham said...

This bracelet is simply stunning, Terri, I really love all the elements you've added and to read about how much they mean to you is even more special!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

oh Terri - your work always is AMAZING! this is totally gorgeous and unique! lovely lovely! :)

Ivy said...

Terri, your bracelet is so beautiful! I love it!! xoxo

Terri said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments everyone!
Hugs to each of you!
Terri

Lynn Stevens said...

Terri, Your bracelet is breathtaking and a wonderful post. I too cherish my sacred pieces, their getting harder and harder to find!

Thank you for entering my giveaway and best of luck.
Hugs Lynn

debi said...

Terri, your bracelet is beautiful, and I love the sentiment it carries for you. What a wonderful and creative idea!

Rella said...

Your beautiful thought process is exquisitely carried out in this stunning and precious shrine bracelet. Thank you for sharing this very unique and special piece of your heart.

xox Rella

Theresa said...

Dearest Terri, This is such a beautiful piece and with such special meaning~ I haven't read the book you mentioned but hope to it sounds intriguing. Lovely!!!
I hope you have a wonderful week.
~Theresa

Linda Vincent said...

This is very precious Terri....and beautifully made. I really enjoyed The Secret Life of Bees; now I need to track down this new one. Glad you told us about it!

Rhondamum said...

What a beautiful piece! Thank you for sharing Terri! I have several silver charm bracelets with charms that have meaning for both myself and my daughters. Hopefully they too will treasure them forever! xoxo R...

Unknown said...

Fabby Shrine and wonderful meening too!

Love Dawn xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...